Clinics & Services
Chronic Disease Management
For most of the long term follow up of chronic disease management, e.g. cardiovascular, asthma, bronchitis etc., there are no set clinics. This enables the patients to make an appointment time that is suitable to them. Please tell the receptionist when you make your appointment what it is for so that she can allocate a longer time, if appropriate.
Ante-Natal: Monday 14:00 – 16:00 (Midwife). When you have your baby, please notify the surgery within 48 hours of the birth. This is so we can arrange for your post-natal care.
Immunisation and Baby: Thursday 10:30 – 11:30. Please register your new baby with the practice and with our Child Health Surveillance Programme. When you do this, your child will be seen at regular intervals by the health visitor and GP.
Child Development: Wednesday 09:30 – 10:30
Diabetic (Annual Review): Last Monday of Month 14:00 – 16:00 (doctor, nurse in attendance).
Wart/Skin Tag Treatment: Treatment is by freezing using special equipment or by electrocautery. A normal doctor’s appointment can be made for this (please let reception staff know what you are making the appointment for).
Family Planning: A full range of family planning services is offered by the practice . If post-coital contraception (the morning after pill) is required, please make a same day appointment.
Please note that we now have a Phlebotomy nurse who has a surgery every Monday and Friday morning. If you require bloods taken for any reason, you should make an appointment for one of these surgeries.
Appointments can be made for:
- Childhood immunisations (if you cannot manage to attend the Child Immunisation Clinic)
- Travel vaccinations – please inform reception that you wish to consult the practice sister for travel vaccination advice and they will allocate a double appointment for your first visit. More information is available by clicking on the above tab.
- Ear syringing
- Removal of stitches/dressings etc.
- Advice about minor ailments and injuries
- Well Man advice
- Cervical Smears and Well Woman advice
- Family Planning.
- Weight – healthy eating advice.